The importance of psychology has grown through-out the years with multiple disciplines utilising elements of psychology. Psychology is a hub discipline of science; this means a large number of areas or fields within science draws from Psychology and its sub-specialities. Given the importance of psychology in contemporary sciences, the Advanced Diploma in Psychology (ADP) programme aims to introduce key areas within psychology including historical context, contemporary ideas and research within the field. Advanced Diploma in Psychology (ADP) is aimed at entrants who have minimal to no prior knowledge and exposure to psychology.
- Any 5 passes at GCE/GCSE level including C passes for English and Maths or equivalent. Sri Lankan GCE / GCSE requires an A pass for English.
- The learner must be between the ages of 16 – 25 at the beginning of the course.
- Learners who do not meet the English and maths entry requirement may be enrolled if they pass the respective placement test/s, subject to approval.
- Mature learners (over 21) with work experience in a relevant field could be exempted from the foundations programme and could be enrolled directly onto the HND Programme.
1st Year – Advanced Diploma
All modules in the first year are mandatory modules.
- Origins of the Scientific Discipline
- Psychobiology and Neuroscience
- Sensation and Perception
- Learning and Behaviour
- Consciousness & Reality
- Cognition & Language
- Research and Statistical Methods I
2nd Year – Advanced Diploma
All modules in the second year are mandatory modules.
- Work Placements, Internships and Industry Projects
- Research and Statistical Methods II
- Intelligence and Thinking
- Lifespan Development
- Motivation and Emotion
- Social Behaviour
- Abnormal Psychology
Essays, Presentations, Multiple Choice Question Papers (MCQ) & Short Answer Question Papers (SAQ)
DURATION: 18 months (Full time) | 24 months (Part-time)
Awarding Body: TVEC & OTHM
Level (RQF) : Level 4 & 5