“ONE SPECIALIST FOUNDATION PROGRAM TO PROVIDE BASIC FASHION DESIGN & ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS”
Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship Skills Program provides the basic understanding and skill-set required to discover their pathway either in the creative design field or business & marketing fields of fashion: from the basics of fashion drawing to pattern making and sewing skills to understanding the business of fashion and the dynamics of the fashion market. A unique course for those interested in discovering their forte in the world of fashion.
This is a comprehensive 600-hour program structured around 4 core components: Fashion Design Basics, Fashion Studio Skills, Fashion Business, and Marketing Basics and Professional Communication Skills. Upon completion of this course students will gain the basic knowledge and skills necessary to identify specific requirements related to their future study/career paths in fashion; to build an academic portfolio and continue higher study pathways in selected fashion majors.
- GCE O/L with minimum 5 passes with 2 Credit passes for English & Maths
- Mature learners (over 21) with Art & Design or Creative industry experience. (learners must check with the delivery center regarding this experience prior to registering for the program)
- Minimum age 16 years to 21yrs old.
- A portfolio or a compilation of art & creative work and or Sketchbook
FASHION DESIGN BASICS
- Introduction to Fashion Design Process and the Role of a Fashion Designer
- Elements & Principles of Fashion Design
- design Drawing Techniques & Processes
- Fabrics & Fibres
- Fashion Vocabulary- Styles & Trends
- Design Ideation & Sketchbook Development
- CAD Visualisation and Presentation
FASHION STUDIO SKILLS
- Basics of Pattern-making techniques
- Basics of Draping on the Stand
- Hand & Machine Sewing Techniques
FASHION BUSINESS & MARKETING BASICS
- Fashion Entrepreneur and Entrepreneur’s traits.
- Principles of Business Management
- Introduction to Branding and Marketing Intro to Fashion Market & Consumer
- Basics of Market Research
- Accounting Practices
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Academic English & Documentation
- Critical Thinking
Assignments, Presentations, Critical Appraisals, Peer Assessment, Research Journal, Sketch Books, Portfolio, Exhibition
DURATION: 8 months (Full time) | 12 months (Part-time)
Awarding Body: TVEC
Level (RFQ) : Level 3