DURATION: 1 Year
Awarding Body: TVEC
Level (RQF) : Level 3
GTC Business & IT Foundation qualification is designed to provide learners with an excellent introduction to the fields of Business & Information Technology, enabling learners who have not acquired a formal A Level qualification to progress into higher education.
The foundation programme consists of 1 business specific module and 1 information technology specific module and 4 interdisciplinary modules which are relevant for the modern professional.
The objective of the GTC Business & IT Foundation is to provide learners with an in depth understanding of the operations and structure of businesses and information technology. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in employment or further studies.
Career Options after the Programme
Students can go on to university to study courses as diverse as accountancy, law, business, Information technology, networking, marketing, human resources, event planning, business management as well as joint courses combining Business with, for example, a language. Students also use the Business and IT course to lead into Apprenticeships and career opportunities in areas such as; retail, customer service, banking, sales, marketing, administration and becoming an entrepreneur. Business can be applied to any career choice as it studies the working world.
· Administrative assistant · Secretary · Receptionist · Executive assistant · Support assistant · Program coordinator · Staff assistant
· IT assistant
· Networking assistant
· IT Lab assistant
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Three (3) passes at Ordinary Level obtaining a General Certificate of Education.
- An equivalent qualification including Credit passes for English and Maths.
- Completion of a relevant professional qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- General English & Documentation
- Principles of Marketing
- Statistics for Business
- Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Fundamentals of Management & Entrepreneurship Development
- Principles of Economics
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded ‘GTC Foundation in Business & Information Technology’ accredited by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
Assignments, Projects, Presentations, Reports, Exams etc