The IT Foundation pathway at GTC is ideal if you plan to go on to study computer science, software engineering or IT related courses at higher level. The programme includes units in web design, programming and business as well as the core foundation modules. You’ll learn from specialist lecturers in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Any 5 passes at GCE/GCSE level including C passes for English and Maths or equivalent. Sri Lankan GCE / GCSE requires an A pass for English.
- Learner must be between the ages of 16 – 25 at the beginning of the course.
- Learners who do not meet the English and maths entry requirement may be enrolled if they pass the respective placement test/s, subject to approval.
- Mature learners (over 21) with work experience in a relevant field could be exempted from the foundations programme and could be enrolled directly onto the HND Programme.
- General English & Documentation
- Fundamentals of Computer and Network Technology
- Mathematics and Statistics for IT
- Principles of Information Technology and IT Ethics
- Fundamentals of Web Programming
- Computer Graphics Editing and Database Concepts
Assignments and Practical Projects
DURATION: 18 months (Full time) | 24 months (Part-time)
Awarding Body: TVEC
Level (RQF) : Level 3