Foundation in Psychology qualification is designed to provide learners with an excellent introduction to the field of psychology, enabling learners who have not acquired a formal A-Level qualification to progress to a psychology higher diploma programme.
The programme is designed to ensure each learner understands how psychology has evolved to be what it is now, including the key issues and controversies the discipline of psychology had to face. It will also provide an insight into the vastness of the application of psychology and explain the careers in psychology including pathways for professional memberships in the field of psychology. In terms of skills the programme is designed to elicit personal and professional development with the use of diverse teaching & learning techniques and assessment methodologies, such as the use of psychological terminology; written and verbal communication skills; management and organisation of information; and critical thinking.
The qualification is ideal for those who are planning to move onto a higher diploma or BSc in psychology and for those who wish to learn about psychology. Successful completion of the Higher International Diploma in Business Management qualification will enable learners to progress to further study or employment.
- Any 5 passes at GCE/GCSE level including C passes for English and Maths or equivalent. Sri Lankan GCE / GCSE requires an A pass for English.
- The learner must be between the ages of 16 – 25 at the beginning of the course.
- Learners who do not meet the English and maths entry requirement may be enrolled if they pass the respective placement test/s, subject to approval.
- Mature learners (over 21) with work experience in a relevant field could be exempted from the foundations programme and could be enrolled directly onto the HND Programme.
- Evolution of Psychology (20 credits)
- Psychology in everyday life (20 credits)
- Debates and Controversies in Psychology (20 credits)
- Introduction to Psychological Problems (20 credits)
- Introduction to Research Methods (20 credits)
- General English & Documentation (20 credits)
Essays, Presentations, Multiple Choice Question Papers (MCQ) & Short Answer Question Papers (SAQ)
DURATION: 9 months (Full time) | 12 months (Part-time)
Awarding Body: TVEC
Level (RFQ) : Level 3