PGD in Counselling and Coaching offers academic and practical study of counselling and coaching related practices. It aims to foster the development of critical reflection on the field by providing clear theoretical grounding in all of the three principal schools of counselling and instigating the development of the students own critical perspective on counselling and coaching therapeutic practices and issues.
This programme is aimed at graduates who wish to complement their skills and knowledge by adding coaching and counselling therapeutic practices, to either supplement their career or to transition into a new career. It is ideal for pursuing careers as counsellors and coaches or use the transferable counselling and coaching skills in a range of other professions, such as: pastoral support, advice services, human resource practitioner, etc.
DURATION: 8 to 10 months
Awarding Body: OTHM
Level (RQF) : Level 7
- Any BSc with 1-year experience in supervisory or managerial role; or
- 3-years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role with 2 A/L passes or equivalent.; or
- 5-years’experience in an executive or higher role.
- Integrative Relationship in Context (20 credits)
- Professional Aspects and Issues (20 credits)
- Coaching in Practice (40 credits)
- Therapeutic Practices in Counselling (40 credits)
Assignments, Presentations, Exams, Projects