DURATION: 8 to 10 months
Awarding Body: OTHM
Level (RQF) : Level 7
The objective of Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in health and social care. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the hospitals/social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care profession. The qualification will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within health care administration and/or management.
Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
- An honors degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery center regarding this experience prior to registering for the program)
- Health and Social Care Leadership (20 credits)
- Managing People in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing Finance in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care Strategies and Policies (20 credits)
- Leading Change in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
Assignments, Presentations, Exams, Projects