DURATION: 8 to 10 months
Awarding Body: OTHM
Level (RQF) : Level 7
The objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to provide tourism industry professionals with the specialist knowledge needed to advance their careers, or for graduates entering the tourism and hospitality sector to gain the skills needed to manage business operations. The qualification provides learners with a contemporary, critical, and international programme that supports their development as managers with a lifelong-learning orientation.
The qualification enables learners to analyse complex management problems and to apply and adapt specialist skills and technical terminology to propose solutions to these problems informed by best practice and contemporary research.
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
- An honors degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery center regarding this experience prior to registering for the program)
- Strategic Management and Marketing (20 credits)
- Destination Management (20 credits)
- International Tourism Policy and Development (20 credits)
- E-Tourism and Social Media (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour in International Contexts (20 credits)
Assignments, Presentations, Exams, Projects